After posting the above picture on Instagram and it sharing to Facebook and Twitter, I was inundated with requests for the recipe for my Banana and Blueberry bread. I must admit, it does taste as good as it looks. The boys scoffed the whole loaf in 24 hours! So because the whole loaf was eaten, I had to whip up a batch of cupcakes for their lunches tomorrow. If there are any left, that is!
So without further ado, here is the recipe:
Banana and Blueberry Bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbls butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 160. Peel and mash the bananas.
- Stir in the butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until well combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Pour half of the flour and baking soda mixture into the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Add the blueberries to the remaining dry ingredients and coat the blueberries with the flour mixture.
- Stir in the blueberries and remaining dry ingredients just until combined.
- Grease and flour a bread pan and the pour the mixture in.
- Let the bread bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!