To celebrate the launch of Max Factor Crème Puff Pressed Powder and Crème Puff Blush, Liz Kelsh, Max Factor Australia Head Make-Up Artist, shows you how to master the look of the Modern Muse, inspired by current Hollywood looks from the Red Carpet. In this tutorial, Liz teaches you how to create the perfect canvas with the help of clever contouring, teamed with a smouldering smoky eye and voluminous lips.
With awards season bringing back the glitter this year, Max Factor Australia Head Makeup Artist, Liz Kelsh, has created a flattering modern Hollywood look that’s easily recreated for a special occasion. More is definitely more on the red carpet, with bold eyes, pale glossy lips and a bronzed, glowing complexion the must-haves.
Liz’s modern Hollywood look focuses on perfectly contoured skin, voluminous lips and a modern smoky eye with a pop of colour.
Liz’s latest tutorial is the second in a series created to launch internationally popular Crème Puff Pressed Powder as well as NEW Max Factor Crème Puff Blush to the Australian market. The tutorials celebrate the brand’s Hollywood heritage, innovative products and unique makeup artistry techniques by recreating of some of Hollywood’s most iconic looks from throughout the decades.
Get the Look:
- Use a foundation brush to apply Max Factor Miracle Touch Foundation, starting in the T-Zone and then blending outwards towards the hairline with fingertips.
- Dot Max Factor Mastertouch Concealer under the eyes in a triangle shape to highlight and use fingertips to blend well.
- Dust Max Factor Crème Puff Pressed Powder in Translucent over the t-zone using big strokes to set the foundation and create a flawless finish.
- Brush Max Factor Bronzing Powder in Bronze along the sides of the nose, over the jawline, the cheekbones and a small amount on the forehead to shade and contour the face.
- Use a brush to apply Max Factor Wild Shadow Pot in Pale Pebble as a highlighter to the cheekbones and brow bone to accentuate the high points of the face.
- Use your fingers to pat on Max Factor Excess Shimmer Pot in Onyx to create a cream base and then use a brush to sweep Max Factor Wild Shadow Pot in Ferocious Black over the top to create an intense, dark smoky look.
- Apply Max Factor Kohl Pencil in Black to line the upper and lower lashes, then use a brush to smudge along the lash line creating high impact definition around the eyes.
- Use your fingers to dab Max Factor Wild Shadow Pot in Sapphire Rage right in the centre of the eyelids to add a pop of blue to this smoky eye look.
- Focusing on the tips of the lashes, apply Liz’s personal favourite mascara, Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara in Black to give this strong eye look a maximum impact.
- Use a brush to dab Max Factor Excess Shimmer Pot in Copper to the inner corners of the eyes to make the centre of the eyes pop.
- Apply Max Factor Colour Elixir Lip Liner in Brown ‘n Nude to the outside of the lips to create a voluminous effect.
- Use a brush to sweep Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick in Maroon Dust across the lips, then add Max Factor Colour Elixir Lip Gloss in Lustrous Sand to the centre to make the lips look even fuller.
- To finish, add some colour to the cheeks by sweeping Max Factor Crème Puff Blush in Seductive Pink on the apples of the cheeks and blending out towards the temples.
What do you think of this look? Personally, we love it and can’t wait to try it on our next night out.