I have always loved the glamour and pizazz of musicals. Chicago is my favourite musical of all time. I have seen the stage production three times and own the movie version on dvd (which I have seen countless times). Moulin Rouge is also a favourite and has since intregued my interested in burlesque theatre. Of course we all know of Dita Von Tease, who is undeniably one of the worlds best Burlesque performers. love Dita Von Tease (yes, I am even friends with her on Facebook), she is simply gorgeous and her performances are fantastic. Sexy but not sleazy, burlesque is ALL about the tease and the performance. Upon hearing there was a burlesque movie coming out with Christina Aguilera and Cher in it, I was so excited and can’t wait to see it.
Synopsis of Burlesque:
Ali (Christina Aguilera) is small-town girl with a big voice who escapes hardship and an uncertain future to follow her dreams to LA. After stumbling upon The Burlesque Lounge, a majestic but ailing theater that is home to an inspired musical revue, Ali lands a job as a cocktail waitress from Tess (Cher), the club’s proprietor and headliner. Burlesque’s outrageous costumes and bold choreography enrapture the young ingenue, who vows to perform there one day. Burlesque features an all-star cast including: Cher, Christina Aguilera, Eric Dane, Cam Gigandet, Julianne Hough, Peter Gallagher, Alan Cumming, with Kristen Bell and Stanley Tucci.
To find out more information or to watch the Burlesque movie trailer please visit www.burlesque-movie.com.au
Burlesque opens nationally on 13 Jan 2011. Check local cinemas for screening times.
Straight from the set of Sony Pictures’ new film Burlesque, lead stylist Martin Samuel explains how to get the show-stopping looks with the official hair sponsor, Sebastian Professional.
From Casual to Sexy – “Ali” (played by christina aguilera) Takes Center Stage
1. Start with dry hair and use Shine Define with a small conical curling tong to spiral set the hair.
- Repeat on each section while alternating the direction of the barrel until entire head is curled.
- Use a wide tooth comb or your fingers to brush through each section and reveal a light ethereal texture for the volume of the look desired.
- Finish with Re-Shaper for humidity-resistant, workable hold.
Soft and Subtle Waves – “Tess”
(played by cher) Evokes Classic Beauty
- Prep wet hair with Mousse Forte, applying generously from root to tip.
- Blow-dry hair in sections with a round brush, to build in a soft wave.
- Starting at the brow bone, curl hair section by section with a large barrel curling iron to enhance the style’s natural volume.
- Spray finished look with Shaper Zero Gravity for ultra-light, flexible hold.
Shines in the Spotlight
- Prep wet hair with Gel Forte for bendable body and texture.
- Keeping a side part, blow-dry hair using a diffuser and soft brush to encourage the hair’s natural wave.
- From ear to ear, section off the top half of the hair, pulling back at the crown and securing with pins.
- Using a large barreled tong, curl face-framing sections of hair and spritz with Shaper Zero Gravity for dry, matte texture and hold.
Polished Strands – “Georgia (played by julianne hough)” Exudes Radiance
- Apply a small drop of Liquid Gloss to wet hair.
- Blow-dry hair with a flat brush, then curl hair away from the face using a 1” curling iron, clipping sections and allowing to cool.
- Take down clips and use a soft brush to loosen the curls.
- Run fingers through hair for natural tousle and finish the look with ReShaper for moveable, long-lasting hold.
- Sebastian Professional Shine Define RRP $31
- Sebastian Professional Re-Shaper RRP 400ml $31 / 50ml $9.50
- Sebastian Professional Mousse Forte RRP $35
- Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity RRP 400ml $31 / 50ml $9.50
- Sebastian Professional Gel Forte RRP $35
- Sebastian Professional Liquid Gloss RRP $37
- Stockists: 1300 728 333 / www.sebastianprofessional.com
OPI has also launched a limited addition nail polish collection OPI captures all the glitz and glamour of the Sony release of Burlesquwith the Christmas 2010 Burlesque Collection – an inspired range of 12 extravagant nail lacquer shades that will command an audience all season long! For stockists and more information please go to: http://www.opi.net.au/index.shtml
Please follow and like us: