As a woman, our hormones are some of the most discussed things everywhere we go, but without much awareness. From jokes to jibes, there are hundreds of statements that you may hear every day. However, did you know that the quality of your life depends on how healthily your body can regulate these hormones? An imbalance refers to an excess or deficit in the hormonal secretion by any of the glands. While some of these can cause physical symptoms like weight gain or loss, fatigue and tiredness, or skin disorders like acne. However, the rest may show up as mental symptoms, which could also lead to disorders like depression, anxiety, and others. To help you effectively deal with hormonal imbalance, we have five tips that will change your life. Let’s get right into it!
- Working on your circadian rhythm: The circadian rhythm refers to your sleep and waking cycle, which has become more unpredictable for several individuals over the last two years. Not only does sleeping and waking up at inconsistent times not work well for your schedule, but it also ruins your hormonal balance, making you feel lethargic during times when productivity is needed. Make sure to sleep and wake up at specific times every day to see an improvement.
- Improving your diet: Skipping out certain parts of your diet such as leafy greens or legumes can also make your hormones act up. The magic of a balanced diet goes far beyond just your physique. You will be able to notice an immediate difference in your mental presence and mood when you start to eat foods rich in vitamins and minerals. Avoid eating too much junk as it may dysregulate your hormonal cycle.
- Try holistic health products: One of the best ways to bring your hormones back to their normal state is by using the help of holistic supplements. Products infused with herbs like cannabidiol, magic mushrooms, or reishi are proven to be highly beneficial in limited doses. This will help you restore your brain chemicals especially if you’re experiencing anxiety, which surges your body with adrenaline and cortisol.
- Use aromatherapy: Aromatherapy uses beautiful essential oils meant for specific purposes to heal your senses. You can use lavender oil for calming and sleep, orange zest for motivation, sage, eucalyptus for an energetic cleanse, and other such fragrances. By using these oils for a relaxing lymphatic massage, you can bring more harmony to the lymph glands, and similarly other hormone-secreting glands.
- Work with EFT: Tapping or EFT is a technique that can help you mitigate blocked emotions that may arise due to hormonal imbalances. Using breathwork and words of affirmation while tapping specific spots of your body like acupuncture zones will help bring more hormonal harmony.
With the tools mentioned above, you will be able to restore hormonal imbalances, whether they arise out of deficiency or emotional distress. Make sure to give these tips s little time to work on your body to see the difference! We wish you a healthy second half of 2022!