Sober living facilities are designed to provide safe and sober living for substance abusers who need to participate in structured recovery programs. There are many factors to consider when choosing the best “sober houses near me”, such as cost, location, age of residents, and services offered. You should also think about what you need from the facility- whether or not it has an inpatient program or if they have a team dedicated to helping you find housing assistance and employment. To help you make an informed decision about your next step on your path towards lifelong sobriety, we’ve put together this list of sober living rules that all potential clients should know before signing up with a facility.
- Substance abuse is a disease that needs to be treated as such.
- Substance abuse will affect your performance at work so it’s important to select a place that accepts applicants with substance abuse issues.
- It is essential to complete all mandatory drug testing while in a sober living facility.
- You have the right to civil rights and those rights must be upheld while in a sober living facility.
- Life skills training is a top priority in any sober living in Austin Texas so be sure to find a place that provides life skills training.
- You have the right to confidentiality and privacy in a sober living facility.
- You should be able to trust the staff at your sober living facility and know that they are there for you when you need them.
- It’s important to trust the staff at your sober living facility with your sobriety, but it’s also important that you feel comfortable informing them of any problems or concerns you may have regarding other residents or staff in the facility.
- You should feel comfortable enough to ask the staff what you can do to help others in the facility.
- You should also feel comfortable asking your sober living facility staff members how they can help you heal and improve as a person
- Some sober living facilities may not provide the services or addiction treatment like Drug Rehab Austin Texas because they value their program above providing their clients with what they truly need and want.
- You should never be afraid to tell those in charge your opinion about issues that are negatively affecting you or those in the facility with whom you live.
- You don’t have to leave until there is a team available for your continued education, housing assistance, and employment services.
- You need to participate in routine chores and activities.
- You are not allowed to have late-night visitors in facilities.
- No access to drugs or alcohol in the facility.
These are some of the most common rules that you need to follow while staying in a sober living facility. You can join the facility after completing the Detox Austin texas treatment program, and stay until you become strong enough to control the urges and temptations. These facilities offer the best urgent care to stay sober and make sure that a person grows in all aspects of his life after completing the treatment.