If you are like us and leave purchasing gifts or presents to the last minute, as well as the “What do I buy, Dad/ children’s father?”. Let’s face it, Dad’s are hard to buy for and we are sure they would be sick of the usual socks, ties and undies they receive year after year.
So, having said that, we have compiled 10 gift ideas that Dad will probably actually like to receive:
A shirt is a must have in any male’s wardrobe, even if he doesn’t wear a shirt to work, a shirt is also needed for dinner out, worn with jeans for a smart casual look for birthday’s and dressier events or worn with pants for a more formal look or even with the sleeves rolled up a bit and worn with shorts, over a tee shirt for Spring/Summer. We like the Van Heusen shirt range, as they are long wearing and excellent quality. Van Heusen shirts are also easy care, so they require less ironing than other shirts.
2. Whose Dad doesn’t love watching movies, sport or TV series? He can do all of that and more with Fetch TV. Everything you want to see and hear – movies, TV shows, streaming services (like Netflix and Stan) your music, and sports – plays wirelessly on your HDTV.
4. A laptop bag is a must have these days, not just for storing laptops but it can be used as a business bag/ case as well. A stylish choice for the daily commute, the messenger bag below features multiple compartments with dedicated space for a 16″ laptop, tablet and document folio. An adjustable long strap and single grab handle offer custom ways to carry.
5. If your Dad or hubby is a fitness junky or you want to give him a subtle hint to get fit, a Fitbit might be the answer. Even those who aren’t gym bunnies can be motivated to get in those required steps per day to stay in shape, or lose a few kgs, whichever the case may be.
The Fitbit is Dad’s perfect companion to reaching his good health goals. Dad wears it on his wrist day and night and it will track all of his activity. Just check out the lights on the wristband to see how his is stacking up against his personal goals. It’s the motivation he needs to get out and be more active.
6. Men’s fragrances have been increasing in popularity over the last decade and the number one selling fragrance over that time has been Georgio Armani Acqua di Gio. With it’s intensely carnal and sensual scent, Acqua di Gio focuses on woody and amber accords to offer a timeless and passionate fragrance that your Dad or man will love.
10. Weekends away or visiting family or friends requires an overnight bag that is not too big but not too small as well. A versatile backpack style weekender is perfect for packing a few nights worth of clothing in but small enough to use as carryon on a plane or not taking a lot of room up in a car. We love the wheels and handle on the model below and it has the perfect styling for your man.