If you think that stay-at-home parents have it easy, you might want to think again. Parenting is a full-time job to begin with and, if you plan on having another one on top of that, you’re in for quite inconvenient working hours. However, most stay-at-home mums opt for maintaining a part-time job, which can be done from home, allowing them to tend to their children’s needs while earning in the process. This is why we’ve come up with 10 stay-at-home ideas for earning something extra on the side.
- Writing – Okay, this might not come as that big a surprise – writing has been around for quite a while now and it is a known fact that it is usually done from home. However, with the expansion of the online world, numerous new writing opportunities have been opened – it is now easier than ever to become a well-paid wordsmith. Content writing, blogging, copywriting and various other job opportunities await!
- Website design – It is mind-boggling how quickly you can learn this trade, as well as how much free courses are available online. If you have a knack for design, you could opt for creating template websites, or specialize in taking orders.
- Web design – People often confuse this with the previous category, although they are quite different. While a web designer needs to know every inch of a website designer’s trade, it doesn’t necessarily go the other way around. Web designers create websites, but instead of putting them on market, they make it their own legacy, running it, doing the maintenance and earning mostly on advertisements.
- Sell that which you don’t need – If you are a stay-at-home mum, chances are, you own quite a few items you no longer use. Instead of hoarding everything out of sentiment, try selling it on eBay, who knows, maybe you’ll even get into this trade and one day make a living out of buying and selling stuff.
- Yard sales – If you want to do your sales in person, these might just be a thing for you. Garage sales have been around for quite a while, yet have become lost art. Even better! Organize a yard sale and attract people with this 80s throwback of a profession. Use Craigslist and earn money while getting rid of all that useless clutter.
- Car rental – Now this is a weird one! If you have a second car, gathering dust and turning into rust, why not try renting it out? Price is under your control and you can decide who you want to rent it to. Make sure you’ve insured it and you’re good to go!
- Online lessons – If you own a webcam and a mic, you can easily offer online tutorship. The lesson durations are fixed at your convenience and you don’t even have to leave your home! Whatever skill you possess, from languages to music, you can cash it in this way quite easily.
- Online trading – Did you know that you can earn by trading stocks with minimal initial investment nowadays? Penny stocks, Forex and Binary options are examples of easy-to-get-into trading platforms, with mild learning curves. You can learn more about Binary options here.
- Earn on selfies – There is a website out there that has the idea of turning selfies, the hype of the 2010s, into cold, hard cash. Stylinity pays you for taking selfies of your outfits! Signup is free and you get an initial $10 bonus.
- Music listening – Slicethepie offers wages for listening to and reviewing unsigned bands. Even though you won’t get paid much more than $50 per month, it is easy money, when you consider the fact that it is a 10 minutes’ work.
Not only can you opt for one of these professions, but perhaps even try to squeeze a couple in. When added up, you could end up getting paid as much as you would having a day job, only at manifold less struggle.