5 Scalp Care Tips for Healthy Hair Growth
It takes a healthy scalp to grow healthy hair from root to tip, and that’s why scalp care is so important to consider when it comes to healthy hair growth. We’re outlining the top 5 scalp care tips to help you on your quest to get healthy hair. It’s time to balance and nourish your scalp and free your follicles of build-up to grow the healthy, luscious locks you dream about.
Apart from an unhealthy scalp causing dandruff, it results in uncomfortable itching and inflammation. It could also be blocking nourishment with an excess of dead skin cells and oil at the roots. Causes of an unhealthy scalp could be over or under-washing your hair, exposure to extremes such as sun or cold weather, and using hair products that are full of strong, balance-stripping chemicals. All of these can result in dry eczema patches forming on your scalp. The best shampoo for healthy hair growth and scalp care is made of naturally-derived ingredients, like the products in OC Naturals’ range.
Scalp Care for Healthy Hair Tips
While there are numerous causes for an unhealthy scalp, there are scalp care tips to follow that’ll help you get to the root of the problem. Learn how to care for a dry scalp and find scalp relief with the following tips:
- Treat dandruff specifically. Use a dandruff shampoo to directly address the issue. OC Naturals’ Anti-Dandruff Conditioning Shampoo not only removes dandruff but it helps fight the cause. It’s full of calming goodness such as Chamomile Flower, Wheat Germ, and Rosehip Oil, as well as Pyrithione Zinc to prevent dandruff flakes from returning. The essential fatty acids of wheat germ oil help to strengthen hair’s root and follicle, without causing build-up.
- Establish your hair care routine. This may seem simple, but many cases of dry scalp respond well to a simple change in routine and consistency of that routine. Make sure you are adequately washing your hair and not letting dirt and excess oils sit there for too many days. Find the right balance though, as over-washing your hair will also wash away the natural oils your strands need.
Treat yourself to a scalp massage whenever you’re washing your hair with such products. This is to stimulate hair growth, cleanse and condition the scalp, and relieve tension.
- Use a gentle-yet-nourishing shampoo and conditioner. This will help to keep your scalp and hair hydrated and prevent the itch. It’s important to keep all skin moisturised to strengthen the skin barrier, but it’s even more vital for scalp care, as the skin on the scalp is the thickest skin on the body. It’s full of vessels and glands and it houses more hair follicles than anywhere else. Ideal products full of nutritive plant-based ingredients include:
- Shampoo and conditioner from OC Naturals’ Deep Nourishing range will do a fantastic job at keeping a scalp hydrated to prevent a dry scalp. Both products are enriched with Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Cocoa Seed Butter, Argan Oil, and Olive Leaf Extract to help restore moisture to the scalp and damaged locks.
- Those with a sensitive scalp will benefit greatly from an Anti-Dandruff Conditioning Shampoo to keep dandruff in check and nourish the scalp at the same time with plant-based oils, Pro-Vitamin B5 and Vitamin E. This scalp care shampoo truly works wonders.
- Try a balancing shampoo and conditioner. Everyone has a unique balance of sebum, which is the scalp’s natural moisture. When this is out of balance, OC Naturals’ Normal Balance range can help you find the right balance, and maintain moisture levels in the hair. With the help of Bitter Orange Extract, Avocado Oil, and Ginseng Root, it cleanses and refreshes the scalp without stripping it of its natural oils.
- Choose products with naturally-derived ingredients. Avoid using products that contain those super harsh synthetic ingredients and chemicals, since they can often be the cause of the irritation. As mentioned, these ingredients disrupt the scalp’s microbiome, leading to reactions like excess dryness and oil production. Keep it gentle and natural, and your scalp will return to its balance.
Now that you know what your scalp needs, your best hair days are only a few lather and rinses away. Browse OC Naturals’ products on their website and start opting for plant-based, naturally-derived ingredients your scalp will thank you for.