How often do you stand in front of your closet and think, “I have nothing to wear”? Probably countless times, Right? Every time you need to go out, the first thought that crosses your mind is, “What should I wear today?”
Yes! You can repeat your clothes and style them in numerous ways. But sometimes it is more about trying something new and not about clothes themselves.
Fortunately, you have a lovely boyfriend that lends you his clothes (without any hope of getting them back anytime soon). So, how about the idea of turning your boyfriend’s (now yours) clothes into chic outfits?
Seems interesting, doesn’t it? Scroll down to learn how you can do it!
Get Comfy In Oversized
Boyfriend’s clothes mean an unlimited supply of oversized hoodies, t-shirts, and sweatshirts. They are the definition of style and comfort. Moreover, baggy styling is one of the latest trends; you can find many influencers and celebs wearing extra-large outfits. So, if you don’t like tight or fitted outfits, you know you need to give this look a try.
- How to style: You can pair the hoodie with black leggings and sneakers. Besides that, if the hoodie is huge, you can wear it as a dress. To elevate this look, you can wear statement jewelry, sunglasses, and boots.
Layer Up With Vest
Vests might look nice and elegant. However, styling them is a bit tricky, especially when they are not your size. Even so, if you got the trick right, you can create unique outfits with them. You must be wondering- “What is the trick?” Well, it is to layer up.
- How to style: As mentioned, while styling, you need to focus on layering up. Wear a pretty bodycon dress and add a vest over it. To complete the look, tie your hair in a messy bun, add a belt around your waist, and put on ankle boots. On top of it, add some gold and chunky accessories and apply minimal makeup. That’s all, now you are good to go!
Experiment With Shirts
There are countless ways in which you can use your partner’s shirts to create adorable outfits. If you ever wish to go with a “minimal effort” look, you just need to decide which shirt to pick. Or you can also ask your partner to pick one for you.
- How to style: You can button up two shirts and add a belt to make it look like a dress. To upgrade the look, go with a “No makeup-makeup” look and sneakers. Likewise, you can also tie a knot or tuck your shirt in denim jeans. Add a small accessory like a ring or pendant. It’ll create a simple and old-school look. Perhaps, you can use it for going on a date as well.
Create Tank Tops
If you feel a mood to D.I.Y., you need to grab some colors, a t-shirt, and a scissor. Some of the ideas for D.I.Y. tank tops are as follows:
Look 1: Cut the sleeves and length of the t-shirt as much as you like and are comfortable with.
Look 2: Cut the collar instead of the sleeves to create a deep neck.
Look 3: Cut vertical stripes at the bottom of the t-shirt. After that, tie several knots using the strips created.
Look 4: Cut the sleeve and collar to create one shoulder tank top.
Look 5: Create some holes around the collar and use lace to style it.
Besides these ideas, you can also tie-dye the plain t-shirt using food coloring or acrylic paint. Nonetheless, be careful while working with scissors.
- How to style: To style your D.I.Y. tank tops, you can wear a bralette and short skirt with high heels and sunglasses. Similarly, you can also wear a tank top with ripped jeans. Style it with minimal accessories, black nail paint, and heavy eye makeup.
Try Boyfriend Jeans (Real One)
Obviously, the jeans of your boyfriend are going to be loose for you. Therefore, you need to do some alterations, most on the waists. You can do it on your own using elastic and threat. Stitch the elastic on the inside of the jeans (be careful while doing so); it’ll help improve the fit. However, if you think there is no need for alteration, you can simply use a belt.
- How to style: You can wear a fitted crop top that enhances your curves and waistline with boyfriend jeans. Add sneakers, winged eyeliner, and earnings and watch to complete the look. If you want to add more, you can also braid your hair.
Sweatpant for street style
What is the first thing that comes to your mind whenever a person talks about street style? Is it the word “Sweatpants”? If yes, then you are on the right track. Sweatpants are cool and comfortable in simple terms, best for street fashion.
- How to style: Street fashion is just about cool and comfort, so you can pair sweatpants with oversized hoodies or t-shirts. To upgrade the look, do a messy bun, add spectacles and sneakers.
Besides that, you can also style sweatpants with a strapless top and put a blazer over it. It’ll create a funky look that you can try for a lazy college day as well.
Hat To Style Hair
If your partner has several hats, you know you have to steal them. On the days when you are too lazy to style your hair, you can use those hats to hide messy hair. In addition to this, you can also create a sleek ponytail and use a hat for a more sporty look.
Leather Belt Your Go-To Accessory
If you are wondering where to get a good leather belt for all the outfit ideas mentioned above, “Searching your boyfriend’s wardrobe” is the answer. Just add the belt over your clothes, and it’ll instantly upgrade the look.
To sum it all up!
Now that you have come to the end of the article, your mind might be filled with several styling ideas. So what are you waiting for? Go give those ideas a try. Furthermore, if you ever have a “what to wear” dilemma, you know where to look.