Like a pair of stilettos or a little black dress, the smokey eye look is a classic sexy look that suits almost anyone and is quite easy to accomplish. Unfortunately, a lot of women think it is hard to do, so they don’t attempt to use a dark eyeshadow and tend to stick with browns and taupes or none at all.
Dark eye shadows are scary to a lot of women because they think they might end up looking like they went a round with Mike Tyson or maybe, going to a costume party as a panda. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Here we share how easy it is to pull off the smokey eye look:
To start off, you need the right tool for the job. A good quality eye liner pencil is a must!
Our picks for eye liner or kohl pencils:
The L’Oreal Super liner is a fantastic pencil to use for smudging. Elizabeth Arden and Revlon pencils are easy to use and are a both great precision liners for along the lash lines but can easy be built up for easy smudging. Rimmel London’s Magnif’Eyes is a wonderful double ended pencil with a liner at one end and shadow pencil at the other. Two products in one! Simply line your eyes with the liner end and add the shadow to your lid and blend the shadow and liner for a sexy smokey finish.
How do you achieve a smokey eye in 60 seconds? Easily!
1. Use an eye primer as a base, so your eye makeup stays put. Simply dab the product all over the eyelid area and up to your brows.
2. Apply bronzer in the crease line with an eyeshadow brush for some contouring magic. Blend the bronzer up to your brow bone.
3. Using a black eyeliner, line a thick line long the lash line and line your bottom lashes.
4. Smudge the liner out on the eyelid with an eyeshadow brush ie. go back and forth with the brush until the liner has blended out and into the bronzer.
5. If you want more definition along your lashes, go back over your lash line with the liner.
6. Finish off with a volumising and lengthening mascara.
7. You can blend out your lower lash line liner to achieve a look similar to the one above. But, I wouldn’t recommend it if you are over forty, as it can make you look older and highlight wrinkles. You can, however, soften the liner with a cotton bud for a softer look.
Do you like the smokey eye look? Did you think it was harder to achieve before showed you?