Known for many treasures, Spain has history and culture which makes it a must visit destination. The country is very special and unique for those who visit for the first time and they will most likely feel at home. There are some things you can do only in Spain and nowhere else on the Earth.
- Ride the International Zip Line: Many are not aware of the fact that Spain offers an opportunity to ride the only cross-border zip line in the world. All thrill seekers can now easily slide down a wire from the village of Sanlúcar de Guadiana to Alcoutim. It is a beautiful one-minute ride that will not only get you across to Portugal but will also take you ahead in time, keeping the time difference between the countries in mind.
- Attend the festival of Near-Death experience: Known for its crazy festivals, Spain has this one festival which is pretty bizarre. This festival is organised each year in the town of Galicia where the locals celebrate those who had a near-death experience in the past year. It is an event that consists of processions which carry those people in a coffin to the church and then up to the hill cemetery. These people pretend to play dead.
- Experience Tapeo: Going for tapas is a very popular pastime all over the world and there are many chefs who have elevated the small tasty portions to high art. However, there is no other country on Earth which can match the tapas culture of Spain. For a unique experience, you can go to Granada or Madrid, where the tradition is still alive and they have maintained its character over the years. The Spanish tapeo is a lot more than food. It is indeed a way of life and involves eating, socializing and drinking in a friendly atmosphere.
- Head to the only ice bar on the beach: Located on the beach of El Somorrostro, the Icebarcelona is the only beach ice bar in the world. It overlooks the Mediterranean Sea and has an excellent interior made of ice and its temperature fluctuates between -2 degrees and -10 degrees. It has a trendy lounge which is a perfect alternative for those who want to beat the summer heat.
- See the Funeral Carriage Museum: The museum was established in 1970 and gives the visitors an insight into the customs and traditions of funerals in the city. There is a stunning collection of hearses, funeral carriages, and other interesting objects that are used in the ceremonies honoring a dead person.
- Visit the European Desert: Located in Algeria and bounded by mountains, the Desierto de Tabernas is the most amazing sight in the world. It is the only true semi-desert located in Europe and is characterized by dramatic lunar landscapes and hyper-arid climate. It has also been used as a backdrop for a number of Hollywood movies.
- Dine in the oldest restaurant in the world: If you have ever wondered what it would be like to dine in the oldest restaurant in the world? Your answer is here. You can dine at a 300-year-old restaurant named Sobrino de Botin in Madrid. It is located in the heart of Madrid and is still a favorite to many. Where you choose to stay on your holiday will make a huge difference to the holiday experience. On https://www.interhome.co.uk/spain/ you will come across a number of options for your stay. Choose to stay at a place which is closer to most tourist attractions as it will save you money.
- Party in the biggest nightclub in the world: There is no surprise that Ibiza plays host of the biggest nightclub in the world. It is the largest party place on Earth and was founded in 1970s as a bar. It has a capacity of 10,000 people and is known for the explosive atmosphere, guest DJs and extravagant parties.
Spain is a stunning destination that offers a number of places to see and things to do. However, these eight are unique experiences you can enjoy only in Spain and nowhere else in the world. If you are headed to Spain, do not miss out on any of these must-do experiences. Spain has a rich culture and history but it is also a favorite party destination in the world. This means you get the best of both worlds at one destination. Spain is one destination that will never disappoint you when it comes to history, culture, and entertainment.