Hitting The Gym In 2022? Try These Tips To Promote A Healthier Workout
Have you made a new year’s resolution to get fitter? If the answer is yes, it’s not the aspect of working out that doesn’t give you results, but the routine and habits that you create at the start of the year. You’ll see the majority of the population make huge promises to themselves at the start of the year, but as the weeks pass, the resolve to stick through and see your promise come to fruition fizzles out. Motivation is a great fire starter, but what keeps the ball rolling is the power of habit. As we humans are slaves to our habits, it only makes sense to change things from the foundation and create a routine that will support your fitness goals.
To help you get started, we’re going to list nine essential aspects of working out which will make your goals more realistic as well as reachable. If you want to lose a certain amount of weight or have a specific body form, a disciplined approach will get you there right in time for summer. Let’s get into it and see how you can make your resolutions and workouts healthier.
- Consider your schedule: Everyone has a different routine and schedule today. The pandemic has some people working from home, while the others have to go to work. Whether you’re a student or a working professional, knowing your routine and making the place necessary to accommodate a workout schedule. This could be charted out by tracking your day-to-day activities. What time do you wake up? When can you make space for working out? We recommend that you stick to one time every day to make sure you stay consistent. If you have a couple of free hours before work, an AM schedule would be great for you. However, if you’re not a morning person, then working out in the evening would be the best course of action.
- Drink a pre-workout drink: It is easy to feel drained and tired while working out irrespective of the time. If you’re working out after a hard day at work, it may be difficult to find the motivation to get going. To remedy this and not exercise with low energy, a pre-workout drink is a great solution. Packed with nutrients that will keep you energized, pre-workout powders can be dissolved easily in water to be had 30 minutes to an hour before hitting the gym. This will give you renewed strength to do more reps and sets and have a productive session.
- Start with a light warm-up exercise: Don’t forget that no matter what you do, a warm-up is not up for negotiation. Warming up your muscles included basic mobility exercises to make sure you don’t pull a muscle or sprain your body parts. By warming the body up adequately, you can avoid the feeling of pulled muscles, muscle tears or strain at the gym. Take the first five minutes at the gym to make sure your body is prepped for an intense workout.
- Segregate your week into different areas: We get that everyone is in a rush to achieve their dream body, but going hard from day one will lead to strained muscles or possible injuries. You will also feel mentally burnt out if you put too many expectations on your results. Trust the process and divide six days of the week into different parts that you would focus on at the gym. As time progresses, you can have some fun challenging your body while combining two body parts together. You should also make time for regular health and dental checkups. If you need dental care, consider getting a tooth extraction at a Dentist in Williamsburg.
- Take time off for muscle recovery: Your body needs time to recover and repair the muscles. If you don’t give it 24 to 48 hours to recover at the end of the week, chances are that you will not observe any substantial results. Muscle recovery plays a huge role in the burning of fat (your body keeps burning fat even when you’re resting). Make sure to use a CBD muscle rub post-workout if you have really pushed yourself in a session. The anti-inflammatory properties will heal your pain and lessen the soreness experienced the next day. Take a day off, preferably Sunday, so that you get a good break to return with added stamina and strength.
- Make sure to stay hydrated: if you have ever been woken up in the middle of the night by excruciating cramps in the legs or other body parts, it’s probably because your body lacks water and salts. Drinking enough water will help your muscles recover themselves and avoid muscle cramps. Packed with essential minerals and salts, water promotes the dispersion of lactic acid in your muscles which are the cause of cramps. Another reason to drink enough water is that your supplements and pre/post-workout drinks require lots of hydration!
- Post-workout drinks or supplements: Trainers generally avoid the use of supplements and post-workout drinks until a few months. Once your body has gotten used to the hustle and requires more help to keep lifting and strength training, post-workout supplements help you with a boost. Your muscles will form much quicker this way. However, since these products are very high-calorie, it is advised to take them only if you’re working out, else you’re bound to gain weight.
- Don’t compromise on meals: Your meals need to walk the talk when it comes to making sure your workout and lifestyle are supported. Cut out the junk food, for starters, and settle for delicious home-cooked meals. If you want to go on a diet, make sure that you visit a nutritionist for their assessment. Otherwise, a balanced diet made at home provides all the nutrition necessary for beginners.
- Get quality sleep: Sleeping is where most of the muscle recovery and maintenance work takes place for your body. Make sure that you’re getting 7-9 hours of sleep every day, or else you will feel lethargic at work and the gym!
Nothing can beat your procrastination like consistency. If you dedicate yourself to living a fitter life, you have to get into the groove first. Follow these nine tips and watch yourself transform into your dream body with time and patience!