Celebrating the grand finale of 100 Years of Glamour, Max Factor reveals its most visionary beauty shoot yet. Designed by legendary make-up artist Pat McGrath and showcased on supermodel Candice Swanepoel, Max Factor describes it as ‘the look of the century.’
100 years ago, in 1914, Mr. Max Factor launched his first ever cosmetic; Flexible Greasepaint. He went on to shape the world of make-up and brought about make-up favourites of today such as the mascara wand and lip gloss. Now, Max Factor Creative Design Director Pat McGrath combines her trend knowledge and heritage inspiration for the anniversary’s finale. Using Candice as her muse, she has created a powerful ‘Party’ look – a refreshing and new approach to glamorous party looks, using bold colours and the very best in make-up artistry know-how.
“This is a very bold, brave, decadent and hedonistic look” says Max Factor Global Creative Design Director Pat McGrath, recently awarded an MBE for her services to the fashion and beauty industry, “bold shimmers, lots of colour, full blush, glossy lips. This is a really strong couture look that women can take inspiration from. You can take the blush, a bold lip, even use the eyeshadow and just work it as an eyeliner – you can literally break it apart to make the perfect party look for you and if you’re brave, do the whole thing.”
Max Factor products and unique makeup artistry techniques help to inspire the must-have party season looks. Following her visionary shoot, Pat shared her Party Edit:
- Max Factor Skin Luminizer Foundation – “blend evenly over face with a sponge of foundation brush and finish with Crème Puff powder”
- Wild Shadow Pencil in Vicious Moss – “gives the look intensity”
- Miracle Touch creamy blush in Soft Candy + Soft Murano “blend from outer corners up to brow bone and outward onto the temples”
- Masterpiece Transform Mascara in Black “lashings to top and bottom lashes”
- Color Elixir Lipstick in Mulberry mixed with Color Elixir Lipstick in Ruby Tuesday “glossy lips are perfect for the party season”
What do you think of this look? We love the lips and defined cheeks!