This time of year is the time for weddings, nights out and formal occasions and what better way for you to find makeup inspiration for these occasions than the celebrity makeup looks from the Golden Globes awards.
We loved Jessica Chastain’s bronze smokey eye was probably the most outstanding makeup look of the night.
Jessica’s smoky bronze shadow complemented the hue of her sexy gown. Jessica’s smoky bronze shadow complemented the hue of her sexy gown. Celebrity makeup artist Kristofer Buckle blended shades from two different Yves Saint Laurent’s Couture Palettes, #1 and #3, to get the custom color.
Side view of Jessica’s eye makeup. Isn’t she beautiful?
To create the look yourself using YSL products, Kristofer has kindly let us in on how he created Jessica’s stunning look.
– Create a perfect complexion using Teint Touche Eclat illuminating foundation Beige Dore and Touche Eclat N°1.
-He also applied Blush Volupté N°8 on Jessica’s cheeks to get a soft transparent pink effect.
-To shift the attention to her green eyes and give her elongated smokey smoldering sexy umber eye, Kristofer used Couture Palette n°3 and N °1 intensified with Effet faux cils crèmed’ eyeliner–Deep black.
-On Jessica’s lashes, Kristofer applied lots of the Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils BabyDoll Fetish Black on her top and bottom lashes to give a more intense look.
-On Jessica’s lips, he used Baby Doll Kiss and Blush N°7 and Volupté Sheer Candy N°1 on top.
Next on our list is the gorgeous Reece Witherspoon.
Reese Witherspoon was nominated for the Best Actress in a Motion Picture award– Drama category for “Wild”.
Reece had her makeup applied by her close friend and celebrity makeup artist Molly R. Stern.
Stern was inspired by Witherspoon’s work as both an actress and a producer in “Wild,” and she created a makeup look for the nominee that “shined brilliantly like the prize she is.” Stern created a “statuesque and golden” look for Witherspoon, who wore a silver gown by Calvin Klein Collection.
1. Stern applied the NEW Laura Mercier Silk Crème Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation in Cream Ivory to ensure Witherspoon’s complexion looked “clean and bright.
2. She then added an intense flush to the apples of Witherspoon’s cheeks, giving her the look of “vibrant heat,” by applying Laura Mercier Creme Cheek Colour in Blaze.
3. Stern’s inspiration for Witherspoon’s eye look was a “golden wash of colour” on the lids, with a smoky look underneath the lash line. Her goal was for the actress’ eyes to look defined and sultry.
4. She first created a base using Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Black Karat. She then smudged Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Gilded Gold.
5. Stern then roughly lined the upper and lower lash lines using Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Noir before coating the lashes twice with Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara.
6. To complete the look, Stern created wine-stained lips by applying Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Merlot, topped off with a gold gloss for a luminous sheen.
Katie Holmes looked amazing on the red carpet. The Olay ambassador said: “During the year – whether it be red carpet season or not – I know that the best foundation I need to look great is glowing, smooth skin.” And doesn’t it show?
Celebrity makeup artist, Genevieve Herr, helped Katie wow on the recent red carpet event with glowing skin and dramatic, smokey eyes, accented by a modern, nude lip.
Her tips for getting Katie’s look are below:
Collecting over 200 awards worldwide, Olay products were used to prep Katie’s skin. Before applying her makeup, Genevieve used the fast-absorbing Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum followed by Australia’s award winning anti-aging moisturizer, Olay Regenerist Micro-Scultping Cream. “These products helped Katie’s skin glow on the red carpet and throughout the night,” said Herr.
After prepping Katie’s skin, Genevieve added primer, tinted moisturizer and concealer under her eyes, mouth corners and brow bones to build a foundation that would allow her look to last.
To complement the green of Katie’s eyes, Genevieve used an amethyst eye shadow. Her eye look was further enhanced by blending in a smokey black eye shadow.
Lastly, Genevieve kept Katie’s lips neutral with a beige pink color to enhance Katie’s glowing look.
What do you think? Who’s makeup look did you like best?