The hairstyle of 2014 has to be the bob and the longer bob, the lob. As seen on Taylor Swift (who ever thought Taylor would cut her gorgeous blonde locks?!?), Jennifer Lawrence, Rose Burn, Heidi Klume, Olivia Palermo, Beyonce, Jennifer Aniston, Ciara, Jessica Alba, Katie Holmes, Jennifer Aniston, Sandra Bullock, Danni Minogue and many more it really is THE style to have coming into the Spring/ Summer season.
As you can see from the celebrities above, the bob is a classic style that never goes out of date and is easy to maintain. It can make a dramatic difference to your whole look, some people look more sophisticated with a bob like Lara Bingle. The new hairstyle looks stunning and emphasizes Lara’s gorgeous eyes and facial features.
How to Style:
- Apply mousse to damp hair.
- Blow dry using a brush. By taking sections and rolling the brush under the hair while pointing your hair dyer at the brush.
- Mist hair with hairspray.
A Could 9 barrel hairbrush helps create the perfect amount of lift and bend to the ends.
The lob is a longer version of the bob and suits practically all face shapes.
- To achieve a sleek, sophisticated blow-dry like the celebrities above, you’ll need a paddle brush with thick bristles. Look for a brush that combines natural boar bristles and synthetic bristles to pull the hair straight, like the Cloud 9 paddle brush.
- Add volume as needed. If your hair is fine, use a volumizing mousse. Then towel dry your hair to remove excess moisture. If it’s wavy or thick, skip the mousse and start blow-drying right away, using your brush.
- Blow dry the hair smooth.To blow-dry, grab a section of hair with your brush, pull the hair straight out from the head and down. Do not bend the hair with the brush or pull the hair under; unless you want to look like a news anchor. Simply pull the hair straight with your brush while holding the blow dryer at an angle.
For soft, sleek and smooth hair we recommend the Tresemme Keratin Smooth range. I use the Tresemme Keratin Infusing shampoo and conditioner and the Keratin Smooth Flat Iron Smoothing Spray (brilliant just before blow drying, as well and for flat irons). It has made such a difference to my hair, no dryness and no flyaways!
For a more luxurious range, we love Kérastase CRISTALLISTE Masque Perfecteur Multi-Lumière and Cristal Sculpt, which is a luxurious haircare collection formulated with concentrated LIQUID LIGHT COMPLEX for beautiful hair that is luminous and light. Perfect for maintaining the lob hairstyle.
I loved the lob so much I had my own hair cut to this style:
To help you get your Spring hairstyle look, Cloud Nine and Mummy of Style and Substance are giving away one of three Cloud Nine hair brushes, which are described below. Entry is via the form below. The giveaway is only open to Australian residents only.
You can choose one of the following:
1 x Cloud Nine Blow Dry Boar Bristle Brush (RRP $82)
- Luxurious hairbrushes are lovingly handmade in Italy, using only the finest components.
- Highest quality Boar Bristle, leaving users with shiny, polished and anti-static locks.
- Super-smooth ceramic barrel helps to cut drying time and leaves users with soft, shiny hair.
1 x Cloud Nine Professional Paddle Brush (RRP $82)
- Cloud Nine Professional Paddle Brush is a paddle brush that features a natural rubber cushion and unique structure that enables taming of the most unruly hair.
- Professional Wooden Paddle Brush.
- Hairbrushes are lovingly handmade in Italy – A Cloud Nine exclusive.
- De-Tangle and tame.
- Exquisite form, function and design.
1 x Cloud Nine Dressing Brush (RRP $72)
- Cloud Nine Dressing Brush is a handmade Italian hair brush which offers shine and control for all hair types.
What do you think of the bob and lob hairstyles?